The project has setup an Advisory Committee (AC) to assess and ensure quality, results and provide guidance. The AC consists of 6 external members distributed in the following way: 2 representative for research and education; 2 representative for innovation; and 2 representative for end users that will meet yearly during the execution of the project. The following experts have agreed to serve in the AC:
● Fernando Lopes da Silva, M.D., Ph.D. Emeritus Professor and at the Center of Neuroscience of the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
● Paolo Dario is a Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Director of The BioRobotics Institute of the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (SSSA), Pisa, Italy, the Founding Coordinator of the Center of Micro-BioRobotics@SSSA of the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT).
● Steve Kelly, Chairman and COO of Myomo Inc. (Boston, USA). He is also advisor at MIT for the Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation and Venture Mentoring Service where he has led the commercialization of late stage research projects.
● Kynan Eng, PhD. Co-founder and chair of scientific advisory board, YouRehab AG (Zurich, Switzerland). Technology transfer coordinator at the Institute of Neuroinformatics, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, Switzerland
● Scott Bleakley, PhD. Director of Physical Therapy at the HealthSouth Sewickley Rehabilitation Hospital, Pittsburgh area, USA.
● Maria Vânia Silva Nunes, PhD. Professor at the Health Sciences Institute of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa and responsible for the dependent and elderly population area at the Portuguese Red Cross (Cruz Vermelha Portuguesa).
Committee members will: a) provide guidance on research, education/training and innovation programs and their strategic directions; b) act as liaisons between the project and the stakeholders they represent, guiding translation of research into innovation; c) share best practices, challenges and successes.